NEW TITLE SPONSOR
- This relationship made a ton of sense for us. They will ship everything to you, will handle all orders, and provide broad new online capabilities to www.nextgendiscgolf.com including online payouts, reporting point rankings on a National, Regional and State basis and providing individual online player profiles.
- Welcome new sponsors INNOVA, DISCRAFT, PRODIGY, LEGACY, LATITUDE 64, and MVP. These new sponsors bring new opportunities for our player base. Offer your event as a ‘players choice’ (they choose what players pack they want) or as the TD you can choose to offer one particular MFG players packs.
- IT’S ALL ABOUT POINTS! This year all rankings, National Championship invites and regional/national payouts are based on NG points (similar to the PDGA point system). We will be offering multiple ways for players to earn points throughout the year. Our NG Premier tournaments award a 5X point factor.
SUMMARY OF CHANGES
|OLD – 2018||New – 2019|
|Player Entry $||$150||$95|
|Format||2 Day; 2 Rounds; Final 9||2 Day; 2 Rounds; Final 9|
|Charity Contribution||None||EDGE Tournament Charity Program (TCP) event. NG commits $2 of every entry. (added $1 to players and reduced player pkg cost). EDGE will send each TD a prize package for their use at the event (CTP’s, etc)|
|Players Package||Lat 64 – $150 value; 2 discs, 1 NG Hat, 1 Pair of Shady Rays, 1 Tube of ZANFEL, $10 Lat 64 Voucher, Mini||
$100 Value: NG limited run Disc, Sticker, Towel, Hat, Backpack; Brand choice includes: Discraft, Innova, Latitude 64, Legacy, Prodigy, MVP, Gateway, Discmania, and Kastaplast.
2 Options for TD:
– PLAYERS CHOICE – all player package brands (and levels) offered, player chooses which one, custom shipped prior to or, as necessary, after the event.
– EXCLUSIVE – TD aligns with a brand of choice. All players are may choose a package offered by that brand only
|Player Package Cost & Shipping||$38 per package; Shipped from Sweden 10 days-2 weeks prior.||$65 per package includes payout expense; Shipped from Infinite Discs (Utah) timing per TD’s choice and expense. (Ground, etc., or directly to players)|
3 NG Custom Divisions:
Gladiators, Knights, & Saints
|All PDGA amateur Divisions offered by TD per PDGA guidelines.|
|Tournament Payout||Set Payout, Lat 64 Customs Store vouchers, trophy discs||Standard PDGA scale payout (min % added tbd) all online; via Infinite Discs store. Discounted NG Trophy package available. Cost of payout is included in Player Package Price.|
Based on PDGA Average Rating;
Top 20 in each region posted on website. National finishers via Google Sheets.
Based on NG POINTS
NG Premier = 5X point factor (5 x PDGA points earned)
All points tabulated and reported after TD Submits results to PDGA (or Infinite/NG site if not PDGA).
Website stats include:
Regional: $24,000 set online payout across 3 divisions; All competitors;
National: $12 additional entry; 3 divisions + women; 100% payout; $10,500
All competitors eligible for Regional and National Payouts at year-end.
All divisions; Payouts based on divisional size. Top 25% of each division paid.
Total online payout projected at $50,000 in merchandise.
|National Championship Invites||Top 7 entrants ranked by their average rating performance per qualifier by region||
See competitor handbook; https://nextgendiscgolf.com/competitor-handbook-2/#ch8
TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- REGISTER YOUR EVENT: Complete online TD application here:
- Schedule your event via regional norms and, if C-Tier, sanction with PDGA
- When naming your event start name with ‘NG Exclusive’ such as:
NG Exclusive – Succotash Fling
- SETUP and MANAGE REGISTRATION:
- For the most TD benefits from NG, we encourage you to use the Infinite Discs registration system
- use NG Exclusive template via DGScene; (or your own)
- use a service of your choice
- DG Scene Example:
- PROMOTE YOUR EVENT locally to encourage the broadest participation
- ORDER PLAYER PACKAGES from Infinite Discs;
- Date of order contingent on which shipping method is chosen by the TD.
- TD may order extra or elect to have day-of registrant player packages or by Infinite directly to competitor afterward
- RUN THE EVENT
- Provide a course map and overview of any course rules/OBs to each card
- Print Scorecards and Scoreport Cards
- TD provides scoreport
- AFTER THE EVENT
- Complete and upload scores with 24 hours of competition
- Complete and upload PDGA event report; Pay PDGA fees;
- Send player detail .csv to Tour Coordinator to create player profiles
- TD responsible for PDGA fees, Insurance, shipping expenses and any course reservation fees.
- Per player course fees, when necessary, may be collected onsite or online, so long as it’s communicated clearly in the event description
- TD’s are invited to help staff Premier Events near them
- We have partnered with EDGE (Educational Disc Golf Experience). All exclusive events, will be donating two dollars per player to the EDGE program. Each event will have additional prizes proved by EDGE for each events contribution!!