NEW TITLE SPONSOR
- This relationship made a ton of sense for us. They will ship everything to you, will handle all orders, and provide broad new online capabilities to www.nextgendiscgolf.com including online payouts, reporting point rankings on a National, Regional and State basis and providing individual online player profiles.
- Welcome new sponsors INNOVA, DISCRAFT, PRODIGY and LEGACY, LATITUDE 64, GATEWAY, DISCMANIA, and KASTAPLAST. These new sponsors bring new opportunities for our player base. Offer your event as a ‘players choice’ (they choose) or exclusively with one of these sponsors and enjoy the tournament benefits on par with their other exclusively sponsored tournaments.
- IT’S ALL ABOUT POINTS! This year all rankings, National Championship invites and regional/national payouts are based on NG points (similar to the PDGA point system). We will be offering multiple ways for players to earn points throughout the year. Outside of our NG Premier events, the NG Exclusive (formerly NG Qualifier) tournaments award a 4X point factor.
- NEW NEXT GEN DISC GOLF TEAM: Includes top pros from each of our disc sponsors, ambassadors, and amateurs who qualified through last year’s tour. Our team is there to help promote your event online.
SUMMARY OF CHANGES
TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- REGISTER YOUR EVENT
- Schedule your event with NG:
- Schedule your event via regional norms and, if C-Tier, sanction with PDGA
- When naming your event start name with ‘NG Exclusive’ such as:
NG Exclusive – Succotash Fling
- SETUP and MANAGE REGISTRATION:
- To run an Exclusive event you must use the Next Gen Tournament Management system (this is how standings are determined and how payout and points are distributed). It is much easier if registration happens through the NG system, but can run registration using other methods if you prefer. You will still have to manually create the event and manually add players to the NG site if you choose this method. Set up instruction is found here:
- For help setting up your event, contact
- PROMOTE YOUR EVENT locally to encourage the broadest participation
- ORDER PLAYER PACKAGES from Infinite Discs;
- Date of order contingent on which shipping method is chosen by the TD. In most instances, packs should be ordered 8 days before your event.
- TD may order extra or elect to have day-of registrant player packages shipped directly by Infinite Discs to each competitor afterward
- RUN THE EVENT
- Provide a course map and overview of any course rules/OBs to each card
- Print Scorecards
- AFTER THE EVENT-Video Tutorial
- Complete and upload scores to the NG tournament management system with 24 hours of competition (preferred method is at the tournament during your event if you have an internet connection)
- Submit online payout
- Distribute Next Gen Points to your competitors
- Complete and upload PDGA event report; Pay PDGA fees;
- TD responsible for PDGA fees, Insurance, shipping expenses and any course reservation fees.
- Per player course fees, when necessary, may be collected onsite or online, so long as its communicated clearly in the event description
- TD’s are invited to help staff Premier Events near them
- We have partnered with EDGE (Educational Disc Golf Experience). All exclusive events, will be donating two dollars per player to the EDGE program. Each event will have additional prizes proved by EDGE for each events contribution!!