NEW TITLE SPONSOR
- This relationship made a ton of sense for us. They will ship everything to you, will handle all orders, and provide broad new online capabilities to www.nextgendiscgolf.com including online payouts, reporting point rankings on a National, Regional and State basis and providing individual online player profiles.
- Welcome new sponsors INNOVA, DISCRAFT, PRODIGY and LEGACY, LATITUDE 64, GATEWAY, DISCMANIA, and KASTAPLAST. These new sponsors bring new opportunities for our player base. Offer your event as a ‘players choice’ (they choose) or exclusively with one of these sponsors and enjoy the tournament benefits on par with their other exclusively sponsored tournaments.
- IT’S ALL ABOUT POINTS! This year all rankings, National Championship invites and regional/national payouts are based on NG points (similar to the PDGA point system). We will be offering multiple ways for players to earn points throughout the year. Outside of our NG Premier events, the NG Exclusive (formerly NG Qualifier) tournaments award a 4X point factor.
- NEW NEXT GEN DISC GOLF TEAM: Includes top pros from each of our disc sponsors, ambassadors, and amateurs who qualified through last year’s tour. Our team is there to help promote your event online.
SUMMARY OF CHANGES
|OLD – 2018||New – 2019|
|Player Entry $||$48||$49|
|Format||1 Day; 2 Rounds||1 Day; 2 Rounds|
|Charity Contribution||None||EDGE Tournament Charity Program (TCP) event. TD commits $2 of every entry. (added $1 to players and reduced player pkg cost). EDGE will send each TD a prize package for their use at the event (CTP’s, etc)|
|Players Package||Lat 64 – $46 value 2 discs, sticker, voucher||
$45 Value: NG limited run Disc, Sticker, Towel; Brand choice includes: Discraft, Innova, Latitude 64, Legacy, Prodigy, Gateway, Discmania, MVP, and Kastaplast.
2 Options for TD:
– PLAYERS CHOICE – all player package brands offered, player chooses which one, custom shipped prior to or, as necessary, after the event.
– EXCLUSIVE – TD aligns with a brand of choice. All players are may choose a package offered by that brand only
|Player Package Cost & Shipping||$38 per package; Shipped from Sweden 10 days-2 weeks prior.||$35.50 per package includes payout expense (at least $10 per player); Shipped from Infinite Discs (Utah) timing per TD’s choice and expense. (Ground, etc., or directly to players for additional shipping fee)|
3 NG Custom Divisions:
Gladiators, Knights, & Saints
|All PDGA amateur Divisions offered by TD per PDGA guidelines.|
|Tournament Payout||Set Payout, Lat 64 Customs Store vouchers, trophy discs||Standard payout (min % added tbd by TD) all online; via Infinite Discs store. 3 NG Trophy pins available per event. Minimum cost of payout is included in Player Package Price, TD’s may elect to add additional payout at a discounted price.|
Based on PDGA Average Rating;
Top 20 in each region posted on website. National finishers via Google Sheets.
Based on NG POINTS
NG Exclusive = 4X point factor (4 x PDGA Points earned)
All points tabulated when TD Submits on the Infinite/NG site.
Website stats include:
Regional: $24,000 set online payout across 3 divisions.
National: $12 additional entry; 3 divisions + women; 100% payout; $10,500
All competitors eligible for Regional and National Payouts at year-end.
All divisions; Payouts based on divisional size. Top 25% of each division paid.
Total online payout projected at $50,000 in merchandise.
|National Championship Invites||Top 7 entrants ranked by their average rating performance per qualifier by region||
See competitor handbook; https://nextgendiscgolf.com/competitor-handbook-2/#ch8
TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- REGISTER YOUR EVENT
- Schedule your event with NG:
- Schedule your event via regional norms and, if C-Tier, sanction with PDGA
- When naming your event start name with ‘NG Exclusive’ such as:
NG Exclusive – Succotash Fling
- SETUP and MANAGE REGISTRATION:
- To run an Exclusive event you must use the Next Gen Tournament Management system (this is how standings are determined and how payout and points are distributed). It is much easier if registration happens through the NG system, but can run registration using other methods if you prefer. You will still have to manually create the event and manually add players to the NG site if you choose this method. Set up instruction is found here:
- For help setting up your event, contact tournaments@InfiniteDiscs.com
- PROMOTE YOUR EVENT locally to encourage the broadest participation
- ORDER PLAYER PACKAGES from Infinite Discs;
- Date of order contingent on which shipping method is chosen by the TD. In most instances, packs should be ordered 8 days before your event.
- TD may order extra or elect to have day-of registrant player packages shipped directly by Infinite Discs to each competitor afterward
- RUN THE EVENT
- Provide a course map and overview of any course rules/OBs to each card
- Print Scorecards
- AFTER THE EVENT-Video Tutorial
- Complete and upload scores to the NG tournament management system with 24 hours of competition (preferred method is at the tournament during your event if you have an internet connection)
- Submit online payout
- Distribute Next Gen Points to your competitors
- Complete and upload PDGA event report; Pay PDGA fees;
- TD responsible for PDGA fees, Insurance, shipping expenses and any course reservation fees.
- Per player course fees, when necessary, may be collected onsite or online, so long as its communicated clearly in the event description
- TD’s are invited to help staff Premier Events near them
- We have partnered with EDGE (Educational Disc Golf Experience). All exclusive events, will be donating two dollars per player to the EDGE program. Each event will have additional prizes proved by EDGE for each events contribution!!