Northeast (north): Sept 8–9 | Leicester, MA
Northeast (south): Sept 8–9 | Williamsburg VA
South East: Sept 22–23 | Huntsville AL
Midwest: Aug 4–5 | Lemon Lake IN
Central: Sept 1–2 | Emporia KS
Mtn-East: Aug 25–26 | Denver CO
Mtn-West: July 27–28 | Pocatello ID
Southwest: Oct 27–28 | Flagstaff AZ
Northwest: July 21–22 | Estacada OR
Description: 8 Premier Event tournaments run by David Feldberg and/or Next Gen staff. All are PDGA Sanctioned B-Tiers held between July 15 and October 31, 2018. All three NG divisions will be hosted. The final 9 will be filmed and edited for posting after the event.
Format: 2 day tournament with multiple pools and courses (as required)) based on participation level.
3 Rounds for all competitors in each division.
The PDGA competition is complete after 3 rounds with the exception of the following:
- The top 5 competitors, regardless of division, compete in the final 9;
- The top finishing Gladiator after the final 9 wins Gladiator first place prize package
- The top 3 finishers (or 2 finishers if one is not a Gladiator) receive invitations to compete in the National Championship
Registration and Fees: Next Generation Premier Event Entry: $100 for all Next Generation Qualifier competitors invited through www.discgolfscene.com. Active PDGA members that have not competed in a qualifier prior to the Premier Event may register for $150.
- Premier Event host sites may have extra greens fees, local club per person fees, or park entry fees.
- These fees, at the discretion of the Tournament Director, are extra in addition to the Next Generation Entry fees above. and the responsibility of the competitor.
- Any on-site usage fees and the collection thereof will be noted on the Disc Golf Scene tournament detail page.
Player Return: 300% (based on nominal entry of $100)
– Player’s Package and Lunches: 200% Return; All Next Generation Premier Event competitors will receive a players package valued at $170 with lunch and breakfast provided both days. The Players Package includes:
- Custom Stamped Exclusive Driver from Latitude 64
- Custom Stamped Exclusive Midrange from Latitude64
- $10 Voucher to L64 Customs
- Next Gen Premier Event Flat-billed Snapback Hat
- One Pair of Shady Rays Signature Series Sunglasses with custom Next Gen case
- One tube of Zanfel – the only stuff that works on poison ivy
- Prizes/Payout: 100% Return
Each Premier Event will pay 100% to the field. The top 40% of each division will be paid with a combination of sponsor product and via an onsite store.
Custom Synergy Art trophies will be awarded to the top 3 finishers in each division.
The winner of the Gladiator Division receives paid National Championship Entry ($200) plus $750 travel stipend,
Sponsor Prizes Available:
ZUCA Backpack Carts. Total number contingent on field size but will generally follow:
- 9 carts for fields of 54
- 12 carts for fields of 72
- 18 carts for fields of 90
Dynamic Discs Custom 2 Disc Set for the top 3 finishers in each division.
Dynamic Discs Marksman Basket (2) 1 each for Knights and Saints divisions.
Keen Prizes including 50% off shoe cards and towels
National Championship Entry: The winner of the Gladiator division earns a paid entry fee to the National Championship worth $200 plus a travel stipend worth $750 to attend. In the event the winner declines the prize, the invitation will be offered to the next qualifying competitor and the paid entry fee and travel stipend will be forfeited. In the event any invited competitor declines the invitation, the next qualifying competitor will be offered the invitation. NG staff may, at their discretion, set deadlines for decisions to ensure fairness to all involved. An invitation is considered accepted once the competitor registers for the tournament at www.discgolfscene.com.
Invitations to National Championship: The 2 competitors with the lowest scores at Premier Events (regardless of division), plus the lowest scoring Gladiator, earn an invitation to the National Championship.
Forfeited or declined invitations will be offered to the next finishing competitor by score in the respective Premier Event until all available invitations are accepted. An invitation is considered accepted once the competitor registers for the tournament at www.discgolfscene.com.
Results and Ties: All ties may be broken by sudden death play or by any related disc golf skill event determined by the Tournament Director.
US Virtual Divisional Challenge: Competitors in Premier Events may elect to enter the US Virtual Divisional Challenge for an additional $12 when registering. There are two options competitors can choose from; ‘men’s’, who will automatically be entered into the respective division in which they have registered, or ‘womens’, who will all be grouped into one encompassing division. Competitors who compete in more than one qualifier may opt for the US Virtual Divisional Challenge when registering for each and each entry is treated as a separate entry in the US Virtual Divisional Challenge. All qualifier rounds will receive a PDGA rating, the ratings average of all three Premier Event rounds will be ranked against all US Virtual Divisional Challenge competitors in that division on a national basis using the competitor’s most recent rated round to break any ties and thereafter, if necessary, . If a players rating increases after the event it will not affect previously played qualifier tournaments and challenge entries.